I’ve said it many times, and I’m sure y’all are gonna agree with me. Motherhood is not always rainbows and unicorns! It’s filled with laughter, joy, tears, worries, and sooooo much more! Having access to a library of self-discovery journaling prompts for moms can truly help you get through those icky days that come with being a mother.
Yes, the yelling and losing control of your kids are kinda icky. The exact ones that make you cry silently and judged yourself with so much guilt.
Wouldn’t it be nice to just stop judging yourself? To stop questioning whether you’re a good mom or not? Dismiss those thoughts that you’re not worthy of being you?
It sure would be nice, wouldn’t it?
Listen, you’re not the only mom who goes through these tough times. Many of us do. Including myself.
Journalling has made such a huge difference in my life over the last few years. From being someone angry with the world to being more present with my kids and starting my blog. Journalling can offer you the clarity that you’ve been searching for your entire life! It can help you identify root causes for your limiting beliefs and past traumas so you can finally move forward. It can help you release the many anxieties and frustrations you may be experiencing as a mom. Helping you to step into the version of the mom you want your kids to have. The mom your children truly deserve.
Here’s how you can get started with journaling.
How To Get Started With Journaling
Getting started with journaling is quite simple and easy. All you really need is a journal or a notebook. If journaling is new to you, you can simply start by listing 3-5 things you are grateful for every day of your life. Currently, I’m using the Five Minute Journal and love it!
You can also begin with morning pages. Morning Pages is a tool introduced to us by Julia Cameron to help us tap into our creativity. It’s basically three pages of longhand stream of conscious writing. You can write any and everything during this time. From how you are feeling to what you want in life. From the fight, you encountered with your in-laws to the power struggle you had last night with your tween daughter.
There’s no right or wrong way to do morning pages. All you need to do – is simply write. If it helps you can turn on some music and light your favorite candle. You can treat yourself to a copy of The Artist’s Way Morning Pages Journal for additional support.
If you’re still unsure as to what to journal about. Add this post to your favorites and refer back to the prompts below. Always write the prompt at the top of your page to stay focus. Asking yourself “WHY” at the end of your answer will take you deeper.
Self-help Journaling Prompts For Moms
Personal growth is all around us. Investing the time and energy in learning and growing is crucial in becoming the best version of YOU. Continue to learn and evolve with each passing day.
Here are 5 self-help journal prompts for moms.
- Where do you see yourself in 1 year from now?
- How will you feel in 3 months when you are more aligned with your goals?
- What can you do right now that will move you closer to achieving your goals?
- If money and time were not an issue, how will you invest in yourself? And why?
- How will you hold yourself accountable to keep growing?
Self-discovery Journaling Prompts To Cultivate Self-love
As moms, we are always doing, yet sometimes we feel like we haven’t accomplished anything! We still have endless things to get done even though we are burned out. Do you know that feeling? Does this sound like you? What’s the first thing you do when this happens?
That’s right! You lash out at yourself instead of being compassionate and patient with yourself. Today, I just want to remind you that you are AMAZING! You are WORTHY, DESERVING, and you are ENOUGH.
Let, these prompts help you to strengthen your self-worth through self-love.
- What characteristics of yours do you love? ( compassionate, tenacity, stubborn, strong)
- How can you accept and love yourself, for who and what you are?
- Why do you sometimes feel unworthy of having the things you want in life? Where is this unworthiness coming from?
- Why do you constantly compare yourself to others?
- How can you stop judging yourself and starting forgiving and loving yourself?
- What are you longing to hear from someone? Take a few minutes every day and say those things to yourself.
- Picture the version of YOU who loves herself. What would she do and say to herself? How will she act and respond to the world? Step into that version of YOU today. Be her in the right now!
- What can I do today to show myself that I love her?
Money Mindset Journaling Prompts
Do you speak negatively about money? Are you constantly acting from a place of lack rather than abundance? Have you concluded that there’s not enough to go around? Do you believe you will always have to struggle to get what you want in life? Where are these limiting beliefs coming from?
Money is not good or bad. It’s a renewable resource that grants us access to have the things we need and desire in life. One of the best things you can do for your LIFE ( and your family) is to rewire these negative beliefs you have surrounding money.
The first step to rewiring these negative beliefs is to STOP talking bad about money. You can’t say bad things about money and expect it to be your best friend. Treat money with respect. Appreciate the money you have and don’t feel guilty for loving and wanting money. It’s a-okay.
Here’s 5 money mindset journaling prompts:
- What are the 5 feelings money will bring into your life? And why?
- Is there any fear associated with becoming wealthy? Why do you have these fears?
- What was your relationship with money growing up? How has this influenced your current lifestyle?
- What kind of conversations do you have surrounding money?
- When you think about having an abundance of money, what comes to mind and why?
Motherhood Self-discovery Journaling Prompts
I want to be able to look back at my life and know that I have given my children the best mom ever! Don’t you feel the same way?
Being a mom comes with so many challenges. Many times we react in ways we wished we hadn’t. We feel ashamed for yelling at those cute faces as they lay asleep. Wishing we hadn’t screamed at them just before they go to sleep. Wanting to find ways to build healthy and loving relationships with your kids, so they don’t grow up remembering mom being a screamer? Wanting a do-over? Sounds familiar right?
Unfortunately, we don’t have a magic do-over button, but we do have tools ( such as journaling prompts) that can help enhance our motherhood skills.
Here are 12 self-discovery journaling prompts for moms to help you through these challenging times.
- What was the best part of your day and why?
- What part of your day, you didn’t like, and why was that?
- How can you show up and be the best mom ever?
- What do you want to change about the way you parent your kids?
- How will this change influence both your and your kid’s life?
- What do you wish you had more time to do?
- How can you create more time in your day?
- How can you be more present with your kids?
- What do you feel most guilt for and why?
- List 5 things you didn’t like about your childhood. Would you like your kids to experience this? How can you prevent your kids from having to experience this?
- What are you most proud of when it comes to being a mom?
- If you can give your kids one thing in this world, what would it be?
Self-discovery Journaling Prompts To Foster Healthy Relationships
Do you sometimes feel like everyone is treating you like a “doormat”? Tired of misunderstanding or having to prove yourself to others? How can you improve your relationships with both yourself and others?
RESPECT and by SETTING BOUNDARIES.
Yup. Once you can master these two traits, your relationship with yourself and others will improve drastically.
You see, many times when people take advantage of us over and over again or make us feel small by praising themselves and belittling us – it’s because we are not setting boundaries with ourselves. We are allowing others to treat us this way because we brainwashed ourselves into believing it’s okay to be treated this way when in fact it’s not.
Identify how you want to be treated and how you would like others to treat you.
Here’s 10 self-discovery journaling prompts for moms to help you foster healthy relationships with others.
- What does a healthy relationship look like to you?
- What does an unhealthy relationship look like to you?
- Do you find it difficult to ask for help? Why do you find it difficult to ask for help?
- How could you improve those relationships that you are currently struggling with?
- How do you want others to treat you and why?
- What are some life lessons you’ve learned about relationships?
- List 5 ways you can communicate better in your relationships.
- List some ways you can resolve conflicts amicably.
- What good traits do you bring to your relationships?
- What are some things you need to work on, to improve your relationships?
Forgiveness Journaling Prompts For Moms
Forgiving is so much easier than holding on to grudges. When you forgive, you open your heart to love. And when we can spread love everything feels right around us.
Here’s 5 forgiveness journaling prompts for moms.
- What do you need to let go of and release – that’s holding you back from moving forward?
- What will you gain when you forgive others?
- How do you plan to move forward once you’ve forgiven your past?
- Why is it so hard for you to forgive?
- Who do you need to forgive?
Mommy Faves Journal
One of my most favorite thing to do is shopping for stationery and office supplies. And yes! That includes journals. Let’s face it! A girl could never have too many pretty things in life Do you agree with me?! Let me know in the comments.
So, I’m gonna leave you with some of these notebooks and journals to browse, in case you need to grab one.
Journaling is one of the cheapest and fastest ways – in gaining clarity and unveiling some of your deepest fears. Fears that are keeping you stuck and making you play small. Journaling is an effective tool in helping you get through some of the greatest challenges you may face as a mom.
Bookmark this page so you will have easy access to these self-discovery journaling prompts for moms.
As usual, leave me a comment letting me know your biggest takeaways. And if you’re already journaling, let me know some of your favorite self-discovery journaling prompts for moms.