Having easy access to a library of powerful affirmations for moms can help you maintain your sanity and be the peaceful mama you aspire to be.
Note: This post was originally published in May 2021 and was updated in May 2022.
Repeating powerful affirmations for moms and feeling into those feelings will help you navigate the many tough days – you will face throughout your motherhood journey.
Motherhood is a fantastic journey filled with love, laughter, tears, and joy! However, at times it can also be quite overwhelming. Turning you into the mother, you don’t want to become.
We’ve all been there at some point in our motherhood journey. Right?! Yelling, screaming, and saying things we wished we could take back. I know I have!
Of course, as moms, we want to be great role models for our children. So, what do we do?
We hide our feelings until they overwhelm us. As a result, when we least expect it, we explode. To make matters worse, we become judgemental of ourselves. Thank you, mom guilt!.
You’re not alone, my mom, friend. I know your pain.❤️
Fortunately, you no longer need to go down or stay on this path.
You see, I was that mom. The mom who tried to be the “textbook mom.” (Is that still a thing?!)!
Then I would feel alone, burned out, and unworthy.
I know I didn’t want to continue like this. I didn’t want my kids to feel like they were why mom was having meltdowns. So I turned inwards and began doing the work to help me heal these mom anxieties.
I used tools like – affirmations, meditation, and journaling.
Today, I will be sharing one of those tools with you. Affirmations!
You can also read how meditation changed my life and can change yours too over here. I believe affirmations are one of the easiest and quickest ways to relieve some of those mom anxieties.
So What Is An Affirmation?
An affirmation is a word and/or phrase reminding us of our truth. It is used to reframe the negative thoughts and emotions we experience from time to time.
An example of an affirmation is reminding yourself that you’re a great mom when those sneaky thoughts pop into your mind lying to you that you’re failing your kids! Or, when you feel fearful of an outcome – you can remind yourself to choose LOVE over FEAR.
Love over Fear is one of my favorite affirmations. I have this on constant repeat all day. When I become worried about a situation (usually when I’m doing dishes), I remind myself that I choose Love over Fear. And I keep this voice in my head until I feel serene – which happens within minutes.
Love over Fear is such a powerful affirmation for moms to reduce anxiety! I bet it will become one of your favs as well!
Why Do Affirmations Work Only For Some?
Affirmations work well for some people, while others have no results. Why is that?!
It’s because some of us just do lip service? What do I mean by this?
Well, here is the thing. You are doing exactly what others are doing—repeating affirmations repeatedly. Yes, you are repeating powerful affirmations all day. But you don’t believe it’s your truth.
You are still holding on to those negative beliefs of yours.
Here’s an example:
Affirmation for mom – “I accept where I am in life and continue to evolve with each passing day” is constantly repeated by you. However, in the back of your mind, you are always thinking:
“It will be great to take a yoga teacher certification. But I’m way too old to start that now. Plus, there are so many yoga teachers out there. People are looking for expert teachers. I won’t be qualified or fit in. This is something I should have done in my younger years.”
Do you see what I mean?!
Yes, you are repeating affirmations. But the issue is you don’t believe it’s your truth. You don’t think what you are affirming is possible.
Another reason affirmations don’t work is that they don’t resonate with your current situation. You are repeating affirmations without focusing on the root causes.
Or where in your life you want to see improvements. You are NOT structuring your affirmations to fit into your current situation, and you feel like the words you are saying to yourself can not be a reality.
Say, for instance:
You recently lost your job and have been desperately searching for employment. Affirming – ” I have my dream job.” may not feel possible when no one contacts you for an interview.
Or. All the replies you’ve received so far are not in your favor.
However, affirming – “I have all the skills and knowledge needed for my dream job.” Or. ” I trust the process that I will find the job that’s right for me.”
Find affirmations that resonate and feel in alignment with who you are.
Positive affirmations – have helped many people make transformations in their lives because they embodied their feelings and believed that what they were saying was their truth.
They structured the affirmations they used to feel truthful and reflective of what they desired, convincing themselves that it was their reality.
When you affirm something and put it out to the Universe, you automatically get it! But, you have to be in the right state of mind to generate the energy and vibration.
What Are The Benefits Of Powerful Affirmations For Moms
As moms, we struggle silently with our self-worth and self-image, mom guilt, and the fear of being judged by other mothers who appear to perfect their motherhood journey.
Through the use of powerful and positive affirmations for moms, you can:
- Improve your self-image and confidence by feeling worthy of being YOU.
- Encourage yourself to do the things you once thought were impossible.
- To be calmer when faced with a stressful situation.
- Change your negative thought patterns into positive ones.
- Decrease your stress levels.
- Achieve excellent brain exercise.
How To Create Powerful Affirmations For Moms
Identify your negative beliefs:
First, identify what areas in your life you are struggling with. Is it with strengthening your self-worth through self-love? Maybe it’s staying calm through a crisis, or managing finances, career, or struggles you are facing with your weight loss journey. Is it with your relationships?
Be honest with yourself and write in your journal all the negative things you tell yourself. Or. What others have told you about each area you struggle with in the past.
Focus on the way you feel about each area you struggle with. What emotions come up as you reflect on the negative things you say to yourself?
Keep asking yourself why you feel this way. Why do you think this or say these things to yourself? Get the truth from yourself by asking why to every answer you come up with until you cannot go deeper.
To get effective results, you need to identify the root causes. Asking why at the end of every answer will help you with this.
Reframe negative beliefs into positive ones:
Now that you have identified some of the negative things you say to yourself or believe to be the truth. It’s time to reframe those negative thoughts into positive ones.
Say, for example:
You are struggling with your relationship with money. Chances are you may very well be telling yourself things like:
- “I’m horrible at budgeting.”
- “Money is so hard to get.”
- “Money is the root of all evil.”
- “To be happy and live life to its fullest. I need A LOT of money!”
- “I can’t manage money.”
These are all negative beliefs when it comes to your money mindset. Since you are now healing your relationship with money, affirming things like:
- “I’m such a badass at budgeting.”
- “Money flows to me while I’m sleeping.”
- “I’m financially stable, living my dream life.”
It may not resonate with you, and every time you say these affirmations, you will feel like a fraud. You may feel like it’s a lie, and deep within yourself, you will know this is untrue.
Therefore, creating affirmations that resonate and feel right will be more effective since you will believe in what you are affirming to yourself.
Instead, you can structure your affirmation using phases like these
- “With each passing day, I am becoming better at budgeting.”
- “I’m open and willing to receive abundance in my life.”
- “My relationship with money is improving each day.”
Always structure your affirmations in the present tense and ensure it’s achievable by being realistic.
Say your affirmations with feelings:
Truly feel into the feelings and emotions. You need to want what you are telling yourself and believe it’s achievable. There’s no limit to what you can have/be and do. The affirmations that you choose should be meaningful to you.
Embrace your affirmations by believing it’s already yours. Have faith it’s a done deal! You have affirmed your desires and have to surrender them to the universe knowing that you are taken care of, and the universe is conspiring to bring what you affirm or something of the highest good to you.
Don’t question your wishes. Cultivate patience and have faith that everything is happening in its timing for you.
80 Powerful Affirmations For Moms
As moms, we tend to become anxious and worried when facing challenges or starting a new chapter. Here’s a reminder that obstacles are inevitable! They will happen regardless of how perfect our lives are. The goal is to navigate these challenges coming out stronger on the other side.
Affirmations to reduce anxiety
As mothers, we always worry about our kids, significant other, career, losing weight, appearance, finances, and the list goes on. When we think about what makes us feel worried and anxious, we attract exactly that! Through affirmations, you can reduce your anxiety and stress levels.
However, if your anxiety persists, it’s always good to consult your doctor or find a therapist.
Here are some positive mom affirmations to help reduce your anxiety:
- ” I choose LOVE over FEAR.”
- ” Everything is happening to and for me. NOT against me.”
- ” Today, I choose to be happy.”
- ” I forgive those who have hurt me in the past, and today I choose to forgive them.”
- ” Today, I decide to let only love and positivity enter my bubble.”
- ” My history will not determine my future.”
- ” I release the negative voices within me.”
- ” May peace always be with me.”
- ” I’m in control of my life and my future.”
- ” I choose to do the things that bring me joy.”
Affirmations for self-love
As multi-tasking moms, we have a lot to do – for our family and ourselves. When we can truly love ourselves, we become open to loving others. When you strengthen your self-worth through self-love, it allows you to become the best YOU.
Write the affirmations that resonate with you on sticky notes, and stick them in places where you will constantly be reminded to love yourself.
- ” I’m deserving of my desires.”
- ” Even though my kids don’t say love you to me every day. I know they love me.”
- ” I’m beautiful, brave, strong, and resilient.”
- ” With each passing day, I’m learning something new.”
- ” I’m evolving and will continue to grow.”
- ” Today, I will learn and grow.”
- ” I’m open to receiving and giving love.”
- ” My imperfections make me. ME.”
- ” I love myself unconditionally.”
- ” I’m worthy and more than enough.”
Affirmations to unlocking your purpose
Suppose you’re anything like me. I bet you’ve struggled with finding your purpose! Desperately wanting to find your unique gift ( because we all have one). The truth is your special gift, AKA your purpose in life, is within you. All you have to do is tap into your creativity and do the things that bring joy to you. To discover your authentic purpose because it’s right within you.
- ” I’m celebrating feeling fulfilled and doing the things that bring me so much joy and happiness.”
- ” I’m confidently expressing my authentic self.”
- ” My purpose is within me, and I’m unlocking the things that bring joy to me every day.”
- ” I feel free and fulfilled.”
- ” There’s a unique gift in me; today, I’m taking inspired actions.”
- ” I’m releasing the fear of what others think of me because I’m proud of my uniqueness.”
Powerful affirmations for moms to cultivate patience
Patience!!! This is a big one for us moms, right?!
Sometimes you just can’t resist the urge to yell, STOP, or NOT RIGHT NOW! Especially when your little love bugs are too stubborn to accept NO for an answer.
Hey! These are the best days in motherhood. And it is pretty normal. But we may need to maintain our sanity every once in a while. Here are some affirmations to help with cultivating patience.
- ” I’m exactly where I need to be – not ahead nor behind.”
- ” Today, I choose to have patience.”
- ” Having patience is creating a new ME. A Better Me.”
- ” As a result of waiting. I’m able to see the beauty in everything around me.”
- ” I’m filled with peace, serenity, and patience.”
- ” Motherhood teaches me to be patient.”
- ” I accept that sometimes things take longer than expected.”
- ” I trust the timing of my desires.”
- ” With each passing day, I’m learning to be more patient with myself and others.”
- ” Patience is a habit that I’m learning to cultivate.”
- ” I trust the process and god’s timing.”
- ” Peace be with me.”
Relationships – with spouses/ friends/ family
Are you overwhelmed with the number of people that come into your life and constantly take advantage of you repeatedly?!
Maybe it’s because you don’t have boundaries for yourself. Stop worrying about being liked or fitting in. Identify your boundaries and stand by them.
Let these affirmations help you set boundaries with yourself to start cultivating healthier and stronger relationships.
- ” I deserve to be respected.”
- ” I choose to be respected over being liked by others.”
- ” The right people will enter my life, and the wrong people will leave.”
- ” I love being around my children; they inspire me to be the best version of ME.”
- ” My partner is kind, loving, and appreciates me for who I am.”
- ” I’m worthy of healthy relationships.”
- ” I am surrounded by love, and as a result, love flows to me effortlessly.”
- ” To be loved, I need to be willing to give love.”
- ” I’m open to connecting with new people who have similar passions as I do.”
- ” I am thankful for the loving relationships I already have.”
- ” I only attract kind, caring, and loving people into my life.”
Powerful affirmations to help moms balance motherhood
We wear so many hats as moms – from being a daughter, sister, friend, or wife to being an entrepreneur or an employee that sometimes we get lost in who we are, and balancing all these portfolios can break us at times.
Use these affirmations to support you in your many roles.
- ” Whatever I do for my children today will be enough.”
- ” I’m exactly what my children need in their lives.”
- ” I’m imperfectly empowering my kids, and I wouldn’t do it any other way. Because there’s no right or wrong way to motherhood.”
- ” Taking time for myself is necessary. Because when I feel good. I can support my kids and family with so much more joy.”
- ” I can love being a mom and NOT enjoy every second of my motherhood journey.”
- ” It’s NOT my job to be a perfect mom. However, It’s my job to attend to my kid’s needs and be the best mom I can be.”
- ” I’m grateful for my kids and my family.”
- ” I’m blessed to have so many roles – mommy, wife, friend, entrepreneur, employee…
- ” It’s OK to need and take a break from my mommy duties and responsibilities.
- “ I admit, I have failed in some parts of my motherhood journey, but I’m getting better at it with each passing day.”
Powerful affirmations for moms’ money mindset
Our money mindset is our beliefs and attitudes towards money. It determines our spending patterns and feeling toward money. At times we may fall into the lack mentality of not having enough. And when that happens, use these money mindset affirmations to feel abundant.
- ” I attract abundance the same way I effortlessly attract the oxygen I breathe.”
- ” Money flows to me effortlessly.”
- ” Money is beautiful.”
- ” I am open to the many creative possibilities that surround me.”
- ” Prosperity is my birthright!”
- ” Money allows me to invest in the things that help me grow.”
- ” I am capable of overcoming my money obstacles.”
- ” I am grateful for the abundance I already have and open to receiving more.
- ” Life is full of abundance, and abundance is all around me.”
- ” I am open and ready to receive abundance today and all the day of my life.”
- ” I welcome abundance and prosperity into my life.”
Powerful self-care affirmations for moms
– Norm Kelly
As ambitious women, we are always doing. However, we sometimes fail to take care of ourselves as moms.
To serve our family, we need to care for ourselves first!
Practice self-care by using these affirmations:
- ” When I take care of myself, I can better care of my family.”
- ” Caring for myself is not selfish. It’s self-love.”
- ” I choose self-care over mom guilt.”
- ” My desires are essential, and it matters!”
- ” I am the only one who can give my kids a happy and healthy mom.”
- ” I prefer to listen and respect my body.”
- ” With each passing day, I am connecting more with myself.”
- ” I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- ” I’m letting go of all self-doubt and self-sabotage.”
- ” I deserve time for relaxation and self-awareness.”
THE BIG WIN
You can transform any area of your life through positive affirmations. Creating a new, healthy habit of consciously choosing your thoughts wisely and reframing a negative situation to a positive one can bring about massive shifts in your life. The truth is – YOU can, be, do, and have anything your heart desires. You simply have to believe it and embody those feelings, knowing it’s possible.
Begin transforming your life today by choosing the affirmations that resonate with you ( or writing your own) and repeating them throughout your day – especially when you feel icky.
I use sticky notes and place them in places I can see throughout my day – like on my laptop, refrigerator, and coffee maker in my washroom.
You can also add affirmations as reminders on your phone to pop up when you feel a bit overwhelmed at times in your day. Get creative and find a way that works best for you.
After a while, you will notice that you are naturally reframing your thoughts to one of positivity during a problematic situation.
If you enjoy today’s blog post, please share it with another mom friend. I will truly appreciate it!