No two days are the same in motherhood. Some days are filled with joy and laughter. While other days – are made up of tears, yelling, and complete chaos. On these tough days, we can all use some support! And empowering mom quotes are a great tool to help us balance the demands of motherhood!
Listen, mama, it’s ok. We’ve all been there. In fact, you are doing an amazing job, and that’s why you are experiencing all these feelings.
In today’s blog post, we will be looking at some empowering mom quotes that will guide us – to feel strong, supported, and strengthen our self-worth through self-love.
(Pssssst – after you read this be sure to visit my 30 quotes to inspire joy.)
Empowering Mom Quotes to Help Us Stay Strong
If you’re a stay-at-home-mom, like me – I’m sure you are quite familiar with these tough days. Days where you feel like you are running around in circles. Tidying up, only to circle back to a messy room and loads of dishes to be cleaned again. Then, at the end of the day, you are looking at a messy room and feeling exhausted, wondering what did you really get done today. You get what I mean, right?
When we are experiencing difficult days. It feels good to listen to some wise words of wisdom, to help boost our mood.
Here are some empowering mom quotes to get you through rough days.
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” ~ Laura Stavoe Harm
2. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice-Once for herself, and once for her child.” ~ Sophia Loren
3. ” There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” ~ Author unknown.
4. “Even amid hardship, trials, and things that don’t go the way we want them to, we can find something to be joyful about.” ~ Lysa TerKeurst
Words of Wisdom When You Feel You Have Failed
Listen, as moms we’ve all felt like failures – whether we openly admit it or not! Personally, I have felt this way more times than I would like to admit. The main reason is the fear of being judged. Thanks to the culture we live in today!
I get it! You don’t mean to yell at your kids or not be present with your child, but it happens. And when it does, it hit us hard. It makes us feel angry and annoyed. It pushes us into believing we are doing motherhood wrong, which will affect the way our kids are raised. When this happens, take a break and breathe and read these empowering mom quotes.
Here you go.
5. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” ~ Sharon Jaynes
6. ” You are exactly what your child needs, there’s no one better to serve your child than you. Embrace your journey together and learn something new about each other every day.” – Anasha Khan
7. “There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child, you are Super Mom.” Stephanie Precourt
8. “Being a mama isn’t easy, but it is definitely the best job anyone could ever have.” – author unknown
9. “You are worth the quiet moment. You are worth the deeper breaths and you are worth the time it takes to slow down, be still, and rest.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
10. Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do. ~ Matt Walsh
Empowering Mom Quotes on Self – Love
These self-love quotes will empower you to love yourself – because the truth be told, when we become moms, we sort of forget about the ambitions we had before becoming a mom.
Scroll on down for more wise words.
11. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12.. “Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it. But, every single day it still gets done.” ~unknown
13. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ~Lucille Ball
14. “People who love themselves come across as loving, generous, and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness, and inclusiveness.” ~ Sanaya Roman
15. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” ~ Mandy Hale
16. “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” ~ Paulo Coelho
Self-Care Quotes to Empower You To Take Care of yourself
You must take care of yourself as a mom. This is essential for your mental, physical and emotional health. As a mom, I know I must take care of myself if I want to show up and be the best version of myself. And the same applies to you.
Taking care of myself means I’m filling my cup so I can pour it into others. This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Norm Kelly. See below.
17. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” ~ Norm Kelly
18. “Women, in particular, need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do list.” ~ Michelle Obama
19. “It’s okay to take time for yourself. We give so much of ourselves to others, and we need to be fueled both physically and mentally. If we are in balance, it helps us in all our interactions.”~ Faith Hill
20. “There is enough time for self-care. There is not enough time to make up for the life you’ll miss by not filling yourself up.” ~ Jennifer Williamson
21. “We have to care about our bodies and what we put in them. Women have to take the time to focus on their mental health—take time for themselves, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish. The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.” ~ Beyonce
Empowering Mom Quotes For Your Refrigerator
Some days we really won’t be able to identify what areas we are struggling in as a Mama. And when that happens – make sure you have some of these stuck on to your refrigerator.
22. “You are exactly the mom God knew your children needed.” ~ Lysa TerKeurst
23. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” ~ Author unknown.
24. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” ~ Linda Wooten
25. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.” ~ Gilda Radner
26. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” ~ Oprah
27.“Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” ~ William Thackeray
28. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” ~ Ricki Lake
29.“Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” ~Tina Fey
30.“Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” ~ Maria Shriver
31. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” ~ Jill Churchill
32. “Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections.” ~ Mary Organizes
Spiritual Mom Quotes
Here are some spiritual mom quotes that can enrich your life and boost your spirits. I hope you find as much inspiration and wisdom from them as I did.
33. “Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not.” ~ Deepak Chopra
34. “God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.” ~ Mother Teresa
35. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” ~ Mother Teresa
36. Motherhood is a million little moments that God weaves together with grace, redemption, laughter, tears, and most of all, love. ~ Lysa TerKeurst
37. “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.” ~ Dr. John Trainer
38. “A mother’s relationship with her child is one that will encompass a lifetime. How blessed is a child who has that anchor of strength and support.” ~ Sally Clarkson
39. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.” ~ Donna Ball
Enjoy Your Motherhood Journey!
40. “Being a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me. I have learned some of my greatest lessons while on my motherhood path. And I’m so grateful for my two kids who allowed me to be the best mom in their eyes, yet an imperfect mom.” – XOXO Anasha Khan
Motherhood is definitely not rainbow and unicorns. But rather a journey that allows us – to constantly learn new things and evolve.
So, embrace the scared journey of motherhood and allow yourself to enjoy the ups and downs that come with it.
After reading these quotes, I’m inspired to be the best mommy ever! And I hope that you do as well!
If you enjoyed reading these empowering mom quotes, I think you will really like reading Powerful Affirmations For Moms To Navigate Motherhood that will support you in being the mommy you’ve always wanted to be for your children.
Now, I’m really curious to know what was your favorite quotes from above. As usual, leave me a comment below.
[…] Empowering Mom Quotes To Help Balance the Demands of Motherhood […]